How to earn your badge
- Decide what they are going to do and what is going to happen
- Grow something or investigate something and show how it works
- Share with the Colony what they have discovered.
Some examples of experiments could include:
- Growing a bulb in a container such as a bottle.
- Growing mustard and cress on a potato or on blotting paper.
- Showing how a torch works, for example, the on/off switch, batteries, bulb reflector.
- Showing what a magnet can do, or making a game using magnets.
A Beaver Scout who has qualified for the Silver Star of the BAYS (The Youth Section of the
British Association for the Advancement of Science) First Investigator Club
qualifies automatically for this Badge.